QA Automation Lead - Minneapolis, MNApply to this position.
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. With its award-winning, mobile-first platform and focus on behavior change, the company engages employees every day in cultivating habits that drive positive outcomes across all aspects of health and wellbeing. A global leader in the health and wellbeing market, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to increase employee wellbeing and engagement and create strong workplace cultures.
And now we are making history in our newfound partnership with RedBrick Health! Together we will deliver the industry’s only global, one-stop-shop for employees and employers. Together we are
Who are our employees?
At our combined Virgin Pulse + RedBrick Health, we’re passionate about changing lives for good®. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in transforming their cultures and engaging employees. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – we have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You are a skilled leader in Quality Assurance Automation and you have the desire to lead a team which is responsible for one of our most important business functions. In the role of QA Automation Lead at Virgin Pulse you will wear many hats but your focus will be especially important in the following:
- Primary responsibility is to ensure quality data files, and quality in the tests that are produced to validate the data
- Perform reviews of test scripts
- Research industry trends and developments in QA
- Assists the ETL and Data Operations in diagnosing issues.
- Mentors other QA Analysts
- Monitor performance and quality control processes to identify any issues or ways to improve process and/or tooling
- Coordinate and communicate with resources onsite and offsite to complete assigned projects
- Create, execute, and evaluate manual and automated test cases reporting results
- Provide updates to developers, professional services, the client success team and ETL Manager on QA stats
Meet the team.
At Virgin Pulse move a lot of data. Our Data Operations team is responsible for ensuring the data we receive is processed quickly and the data we send is accurate and on time. The team you will lead currently consists of the following roles:
- Business Analysts: are responsible for understanding the business value of the data. What it is, why it’s useful, where it comes from, where it’s going, how and when it’s supposed to get there.
- Quality Assurance Analysts: are technical resources that write test scripts and automation to validate data and catch errors before they cause problems.
- Data Operations Analysts: are responsible for understanding system requirements, requests, administering SFTP, Email, continuous integration tools and root cause analysis.
What you bring to the team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years leading teams of 3 or more people
- Minimum 2 years working with data in either a QA Analyst, Data Operations, or in a Quality Automation role
- Minimum of 2 years writing and/or maintaining test automation scripts
- A strong understanding of data processes including ETL, data quality analysis and automation
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Team City and GitLab
- Experience with Bug Tracking Systems
- Experience with SQL, Python and REST API’s
We have data integrations with hundreds of clients and vendors. To be successful in this position you can confidently refer to yourself as being:
- An Energetic Leader: this group stays busy and deserves a leader that shows up every day excited to deliver results and improve the way we work.
- Results Driven: at the end of the day, you care that we’ve accomplished our goals and provided the very best service to our clients and partners.
- Process Oriented: we can’t handle this much volume without good processes. You are someone who is constantly evaluating and improving what we do and how we do it.
- Assertiveness: along with managing your team, you will work with several other groups at RedBrick (everyone is interested in quality here). You work well with others, but have are assertive when enforcing what constitutes good processes and how to most effectively get things done.
Why Work here?
We believe a career should provide great pay and benefits, a collaborative, supportive and flexible work environment, plus cutting-edge technology and services – so many reasons to love it here.